What Happens To My Medical Bills While I Am Waiting For My Case To Be Resolved?



 If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of having been in an accident and needing a car accident lawyer, I hope you take advantage of a free consultation that I can immediately provide. I have represented numerous clients for auto accidents and have several currently. Each clients case is unique and different in one way or another. However, if a client has been injured in an accident, the processing of their medical bills relating to their case can be significantly different.

There are several ways of processing medical bills after a motor vehicle accident. Firstly, the most common avenue is that your health insurance pays your medical bills. This is usually the quickest and most efficient resolution of your medical invoices.

Secondly, another of processing your medical bills, in some states there is what is known as Personal Injury Protection or PIP coverage. This is when your own car insurance covers your medical bills. PIP coverage is available and required in several states but not all states. The coverage is designed to cover bodily injury medical treatment in case of a motor vehicle accident.

Thirdly, I can usually arrange what is known as a letter of protection with your doctor or medical treatment facility. A letter of protection is basically a lien on any settlement funds that may be obtained by an auto accident lawyer for your case. In other words, the medical treatment bills will come out of your settlement at the end of your case when it is time to resolve everything.

Finally, I am usually able to negotiate medical bills with providers. Sometimes more then others. For example, one of my clients whose case settled for $100,000.00 had approximately $6,000.00 in medical bills. I was only able to negotiate his medical bills down about ten percent. However, another client had case that settled for $7,500.00 and had medical bills approximately $3,000.00. I was able to negotiate her medical bills down approximately eighty percent. In any event, as a lawyer if I am aware of pending medical bill as per Bar Rules, I am required to resolve the bills out of the settlement funds.

Please note that none of the foregoing is legal advice nor should be considered a legal advertisement, if you have a legal matter you should most likely contact an attorney. Even if you decide not to call me you should probably still get in contact with a lawyer. The Law Offices of Christopher G. White, P.A. is a Global Law Firm available for free consultations in person, via Facetime, Skype, Zoom or phone (434) 660-9701. Check out my website and blog article. Thank you for reading, please also look at my other practice areas, like Security Clearance Lawyer and Car Accident Lawyer. At my Law Firm we focus on the best result for the client. To stay connected I have a Youtube Channel, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Blogger, Reddit, Yelp, Avvo and Justia. Thank you for your time and consideration.

 

The Law Office of Christopher G. White, P.A.

A GLOBAL LAW FIRM

(available in person, skype, facetime or zoom)

Ph:(434) 660-9701

Fax: (434) 818-0866

Email: Chriswhitelawyer@gmail.com

Washington, D.C. Office Available by Appointment:

1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 200

Washington, DC 20006

Lynchburg, Virginia Office Available by Appointment:

100 Tradewynd Dr.

Lynchburg, VA 24502

Jacksonville, Florida Office Available by Appointment:

9424 Baymeadows Rd. Ste. 250

Jacksonville, FL 32256

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is The Drivers Exchange of Information?

What Happens To My Vehicle After A Car Accident?

Tractor Trailer Truck Accident