When Should I Call A Car Accident Lawyer?


 

If you find yourself having been in an auto accident, the first thing you should do is call the local authorities. When the authorities show up to the scene of an accident they assess the scene, determine if Emergency Medical Services should be called and do an investigation. They also collect all of the important information like the Insurance policy numbers for each car in the accident, depending on the state you are in.

After the accident, the law enforcement officers will typically write a report on the accident. This is important because I will use this to obtain insurance compensation for my clients, check out my results. The report will usually show who was at-fault as determined by the responding officer. However, the police officers investigation and report is not the end all be all and I have had these reports changed or disregarded for settlement purposes. I do my own independent investigation and due diligence for clients. This usually involves canvassing the area for witnesses, photographing the scene and viewing the property damage. As a general matter a car accident client after informing the authorities should take photos of there injuries, the scene and the vehicles. This becomes important later when it is time to settle the case. If you were to sign up as my client for a car accident I usually have to send an independent investigator or the photos need to come from the client. This is because later on, if the Insurance company doesn't reasonably value my clients claim and we are forced to file suit, the because of evidentiary rules the photos cannot have come from me.

Photographs are always good to have when attempting to get insurance compensation. After the accident if you are injured you should go to the doctor and do what the doctor tells you to. I always advise my clients to do what the doctor prescribes. If this involves multiple visits to the physician or chiropractor, after treatment I will obtain all of the applicable medical records. I do a through evaluation and write up of your medical treatment for the insurance demand package.

If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident, I suggest you call me for your free consultation (434) 660-9701. I am a car accident lawyer and have settled numerous cases for clients.

Please note that none of the foregoing is legal advice nor should be considered a legal advertisement, if you have a legal matter you should most likely contact an attorney. Even if you decide not to call me you should probably still get in contact with a lawyer. The Law Offices of Christopher G. White, P.A. is a Global Law Firm available for free consultations in person, via Facetime, Skype, Zoom or phone (434) 660-9701. Please also check out my website at ChrisWhiteLawyer.com. Thank you for reading, please also look at my other practice areas, like Security Clearance Lawyer and Car Accident Lawyer. At my Law Firm we focus on the best result for the client. To stay connected I have a Youtube Channel, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Blogger, Reddit, Yelp, Avvo and Justia. Thank you for your time and consideration.

 Blog

The Law Office of Christopher G. White, P.A.

A GLOBAL LAW FIRM

(available in person, skype, facetime or zoom)

Ph:(434) 660-9701

Fax: (434) 818-0866

Email: Chriswhitelawyer@gmail.com

Washington, D.C. Office Available by Appointment:

1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 200

Washington, DC 20006

Lynchburg, Virginia Office Available by Appointment:

100 Tradewynd Dr.

Lynchburg, VA 24502

Jacksonville, Florida Office Available by Appointment:

9424 Baymeadows Rd. Ste. 250

Jacksonville, FL 32256

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is The Drivers Exchange of Information?

What Happens To My Vehicle After A Car Accident?

Tractor Trailer Truck Accident