What is a Letter of Protection or Medical Bills Lien?

 If you have sustained the unfortunately circumstances of having been in an accident, you may have medical bills. After you receive medical services, they will usually send you a bill for the services. These medical bills can be astronomical. One of my clients have medical bills upwards of $90,000.00. As a car accident lawyer, I routinely guide clients through the process.

Most of the time I can contact your local medical provider and request a letter of protection or lien on your car accident case. As an Attorney, if a Doctor sends me a lien and the case settles, as per Bar rules I am required to satisfy the balance with the provider before disbursement to my client. Sometimes this entails negotiating with the provider on the amount of the bill.

Occasionally, I am able to negotiate amount of bills with the doctor. I have seen as much as a %80 decrease in medical bills due to negotiations. Though I am not always able to obtain this sort of decrease in medical billing it is usually due to the amount of the bills, the amount of the settlement in relation to the bills and other contributing factors.

A medical bill lien or letter of protection can be placed on your settlement. In other words, they essentially put your bills on hold until the case settles. Once the case settles we then negotiate the medical bill and pay the bill out of the settlement at the settlement statement signing.

If you or someone you know has been in a car accident, please do not hesitate to call me for a free consultation at (434) 660-9701. I am a car accident lawyer and I take great honor in helping clients with their car accident insurance claims. Upholding the rights of my clients is something I take great care doing.


Please note that none of the foregoing is legal advice nor should it be considered a legal advertisement, if you have a legal matter you should most likely contact an attorney. Even if you decide not to call me you should probably still get in contact with an Attorney. The Law Offices of Christopher G. White, P.A. is a Global Law Firm available for free consultations in person, via Facetime, Skype, Zoom or phone (434) 660-9701. Check out my website and blog articles. Thank you for reading, please also look at my other practice areas, like Security Clearance Lawyer and Car Accident Attorney. At my Law Firm we focus on the best result for the client. To stay connected I have a Youtube ChannelTikTokInstagramFacebookTwitterLinkedInTumblrBloggerReddit, Yelp, Avvo and Justia. Thank you for your time and consideration.

The Law Office of Christopher G. White, P.A.

A GLOBAL LAW FIRM

(available in person, skype, facetime or zoom)

Tel: (434) 660-9701

Fax: (434) 818-0866

Email: Chriswhitelawyer@gmail.com

Washington, D.C. Office Available by Appointment:

1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 200

Washington, DC 20006

Lynchburg, Virginia Office Available by Appointment:

100 Tradewynd Dr.

Lynchburg, VA 24502

Jacksonville, Florida Office Available by Appointment:

9424 Baymeadows Rd. Ste. 250

Jacksonville, FL 32256

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is The Drivers Exchange of Information?

What Happens To My Vehicle After A Car Accident?

Do I have a Car Accident Claim for Compensation?